Monday 29 November 2010

Finding My Voice


I can do this and I can do that
I suit my hair down, I suit wearing a hat
Just 'cause I can do it doesn't mean that I should
Who needs a hat when their coat has a hood?

Which is the right road, which path is for me?
What is my destiny, who am I meant to be?
I'm looking for my voice, have you heard it at all?
She's a little shy and quiet, pretty timid and small

One day she'll step out and emerge with a boom.
Best be prepared for her and make her some room.
For now she's a bairn, she's just a wee pup,
Dreaming and rehearsing for when she grows up.

But when she decides on the path she will take,
She'll work and she'll work till she catches her break.
She'll make herself seen and she'll make herself heard,
In pictures or plays, in music or word.

Just a silly wee poem inspired by a blog I came across recently. I was having lunch with some friends on Friday and Clare and I got onto talking about blogging and poetry and she mentioned that her cousin has a blog and is a poet and does various things. She suggested I look him up and I am sooooo glad that I did. Richard's blog has really inspired me to consider what I am about. He has such a distinctive voice and it's got me thinking, what is my voice? I guess for now I am playing around a bit and trying to work it out.

Check out the blog that inspired me:

Pen Paper Pause - Sketched Thought by Richard Watkins
http://penpaperpause.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment