Saturday 26 May 2012

At the Crossroads

I long to hear Your voice
I'm crying out to know
The path that you've marked out for me
The direction you want me to go
But the more I try to listen
The less I seem to hear
I'm stuck in indecision
And I'm paralysed by fear
I'm scared to make the wrong move,
Scared I'll miss out on your blessing
I've no idea what You're saying
And so I'm constantly second-guessing.

I've lost my appetite for dreaming
Too overwhelmed to know where to start
I need you to rain in this desert
And bring life to this broken heart
I long to cry "Here I am Lord"
To shout "send me!" without condition
But I'm held back by my insecurities,
By my pride and my selfish ambition
I've lost sight of who you say I am
Listening to the voices of the world instead
I feel so far away from You
Trapped in the confusion in my head.

I bring it all before you God
Help me surrender to your will
Flood my heart with your love, O God
So striving will cease and my fears be stilled

No comments:

Post a Comment