Monday 10 January 2011

Bliss

picture courtesy of sfcenterparcs.webs.com

I've been a little on the quiet side over the weekend as I've been away at Sherwood Forest Center Parcs at the Retreat to Advance conference run by New Wine (http://www.new-wine.org/). It was an amazing time of teaching, prayer, and worship and also a great chance to chill out with friends and behave very much like children. I think over the weekend we spent between 8 and 10 hours splashing about in the pool and battering our bodies about on flumes and rapids. It's full of memories to treasure... but so far my pockets are not so full of small stones!!! It seems when things get busy it's not always easy to remember to pick them up. At least not in any kind of form. My thought was to attempt to retrospectively create some now that I am back but I feel it may become a laborious task instead of the fun I had been finding it so here's just one...

The water weaves its way around bends and over mounds carrying me brutally with it. My body aches, but my heart sings as I whoop and scream, hearing my brothers and sisters whoop and scream in harmony around me. Children for a while we splash and shriek and remember what it is to be carefree.

Bliss.

1 comment: